The academic session of school starts with the opening of the first working day of April and ends on 31st March of the succeeding year. Curriculum planner of every class is issued to parents along with datasheet separately in every exam. School follows all the directions of CBSE with regards to books, curriculum, and exams. School follows the CCE (continuous comprehensive evaluation) Scheme prescribed by the CBSE.
ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS
For 1st to 10th
Students of I to X are assessed according to CCE by the CBSE on Scholastic and Co-Scholastic areas comprehensively throughout the year.
1. No semester system.
2. Final Evaluation will be on Annual Examination (80 marks) & internal assessment (20 marks).
(a) The annual examination will be conducted covering the complete portion at the end of the year where maximum marks will be 80 and student need to secure minimum 27 marks (33%) to pass.
(b) Internal assessment marks distribution will be as follows: (students need to secure minimum 7 marks out of 20)
(I) 3 Periodic Tests – weight age – 10%
|ASSESSMENT||PERIOD OF ASSESSMENT|
|PA – 1 (QUARTERLY)||JULY / AUGUST|
|PA – 2 (HALF YEARLY)||SEPTEMBER|
|PA – 3 (PRE- ANNUAL)||DECEMBER|
(ii) Notebook maintenance – 5%
(ii) Assignment completion
(iii) Neatness & upkeep of notebooks
(iii) Subject Enrichment Activities – 5%
ASL, Reading Dictation / Debate / Public Speaking etc.
Lab Activities / Project Work / Model Making / field trips etc.
The point grading scale for measuring Scholastic achievements is given below:
|GRADE||MAKRS RANGE||GRADE POINT|
|MINIMUM QUALIFYING GRADE IN CO-SCHOLASTIC DOMAIN IS D. FOR CLASSES IX AND X THE RESULTS OF SCHOLASTIC AREAS OF THREE PAS AND THE ONE ANNUAL EXAM FOR EACH CLASS, ALONG WITH THE GRADES IN CO SCHOLASTIC AREAS OF EACH YEAR ARE UPLOADED TO THE CBSE REGIONAL OFFICE. IN TURN, THE CBSE ISSUES THE COMBINED RESULT CARD IN THE MONTH OF MAY FOR CLASS IX AND X AFTER CLASS X ANNUAL EXAMINATION CONDUCTED EITHER BY THE BOARD OR BY THE SCHOOL IS COMPLETED.|
1. There is no system of double promotion.
2. Rank is awarded on the class basis, not on the section basis.
3. Rank will not be awarded to those students who fail in one subject or absent in one subject or absent in any test or exam.
4. The student who does not appear in the first term, second term, examination due to illness or some unforseen mishap, will not be eligible for the scholar badges or any proficiency award.